FEEDSCHOOLS Project - Final conference
27th November 2020
Energy Efficiency in buildings in the context of the EU Renovation Wave
EU has an important challenge in trying to reach the energy efficiency objectives established in its climate and energy policy for years 2020, 2030 and 2050. The Commission urges the Member States to intensify their efforts to ensure the achievement of these objectives.
In this context, FEEDSCHOOLS project aims at improving capacities of the public sector in the field of nearly zero energy buildings (nZEB) by facilitating planning of nZEB renovation of school buildings in Central Europe. The project is financed by Central Europe Interreg Programme and is led by ENEA (Italy) involving 7 countries (IT, CZ, AU, HR, HU, PL, SI) and 11 technical and institutional partners.
The main output of the project is a user-friendly web tool for public schools with technical improvement options and optimal financing schemes, aimed at renovation towards nZEB, which also calculates the carbon footprint of the school building restoration. Moreover, the project has carried out a number of open lessons for students and schools staff focused on behavioral change in terms of decreasing energy consumption of school buildings.
The final conference will focus on the latest developments of the European Commission on energy efficiency of buildings and their renovation.
9:20 - 9:30: Opening of the meeting
9:30 - 9:45: EU INITIATIVES FOR RENOVATION OF THE BUILDING STOCK
• Introduction to the strategy “A Renovation Wave for Europe – Greening our buildings, creating jobs, improving lives”
– Roberta Boniotti (ENEA, Bruxelles)
9:45- 10:15: INSPIRING BEST PRACTICES
• Building energy renovation - Policy and technical support from EnR BWG Agencies
– Ezilda Costanzo (EnR)
• The Covenant of Mayors and the EU City Facility: EU-wide initiatives to support building renovations
– Giustino Piccolo (EnergyCities)
10:15 -10:30: Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE PROGRAMME
Projects contributing to increase energy efficiency in public infrastructures: past experiences and outlook on future Interreg Programme.
– Viktorija Dobravec (Interreg CE Secretariat)
10:30 - 11:15: FEEDSCHOOLS PROJECT RESULTS
• Short overview of the project – ENEA
• Presentation of Feedschools web tool – ENEA
• Financial aspects: lessons learned – HEP ESCO
• Pilots: lessons learned – Pro Akademia
• Trainings: lessons learned – ENVIROS
11:15 - 11:30: Discussion and conclusions
11:30: End of the meeting
Save the date!